There are many ways to donate to Special Olympics New Jersey, and contribute to the success of our organization. Remember, every little bit helps!
Besides raising money and participating in our fundraising events that can be found here -> SONJ Fundraising Events :
- You can donate online by clicking this link -> Donate to SONJ.
- You can donate by mailing it in with this Mail Donation Form.
- You can donate by telephone using your credit card by calling (609)896-8000. Please call weekdays from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST.
For assistance with giving please call (609)896-8000 or email INFO@sonj.org
Special Olympics New Jersey conducts programs in communities throughout the state utilizing tens of thousands of volunteers annually. Volunteers may choose to volunteer their time year-round, seasonally or for a single day event. Volunteer positions range from coaching athletes, managing registration for a program or a local or state event, contributing professional services or assisting in fundraising activities.
All volunteers are required to complete pre-event training and agree to the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Code of Conduct:
As a volunteer, I agree that while serving at competitions or any other Special Olympics event, I will:
- Provide for the general welfare, health and safety of any athletes in my charge during the course of my assigned duties.
- Dress and act at all times in a manner which will be appropriate to my assigned responsibilities and a credit to myself, and the athletes.
- Report any emergencies to the appropriate authorities after first taking immediate action to ensure the health and safety of the participants.
- Refrain from the consumption of alcoholic beverages and non-prescribed controlled substances during the course of my assigned duties.
- Not engage in any type of inappropriate behavior, sexual activity, or physical abuse with either athletes or other volunteers.
- Not engage in inappropriate contact or relationships with athletes or other volunteers.
Check out the Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers for all events are handled by the chapter office at (609)896-8000.